My adapter isn't working at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-01 04:43:25
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDN3200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought this wireless adapter awhile back, probably about 3-4 months ago, and it has been fine, it had several problems sometimes but nothing too big.
Recently I have had a major problem, I turned my PC on and it wouldn't connect to the internet so I restarted my PC, when it came on it wouldn't connect again, so i restarted it again, i did this repeatedly for about 30 minutes until it wouldn't even find my adapter in a USB port, I have tried all ports, it came with some extender USB port thing and i plugged it in that and into all USB ports and still nothing. At this point I uninstalled everything and re installed it, I have done this for about an hour. I took my PC apart and cleaned it and put everything back together and it turned it on, re installed it and nothing yet again. I am very frustrated, I have been trying to get this useless crap working for the past 10 hours and it isn't working. I have had to write this up on my phone as I have no other PC and I can't check if there is an update I should get off the net, so if that is the case, I am screwed. Is it because it isn't fully compatible with one of my PC parts? Is it because it isn't installing something from the disk, as in it is missing something out? Is it because the adapter is broken? If you know how to get it too work then please help i am struggling and I don't have any money too buy another wireless adapter. It was working fine yesterday, so I can't figure out what is up with it.

CPU - AMD 750K
Motherboard - FM2-A75MA-E35
Operating System - Windows 7 Professional

Options
2 Reply
Re:My adapter isn't working at all
2014-11-03 16:31:21
Very strange issue, Is there another PC for you to test?
Try chipmaker's driver here. Try the one for USB (RT2870/ RT2770/ RT307X/ RT2070 RT357X/ RT3370/ RT8070/ RT5X7X/ MT7610/ MT7601/MT7612U).
http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/
Options
Software updates have stopped wireless adaptor working
2014-11-15 02:07:23

Mr.Blonde wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDN3200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought this wireless adapter awhile back, probably about 3-4 months ago, and it has been fine, it had several problems sometimes but nothing too big.
Recently I have had a major problem, I turned my PC on and it wouldn't connect to the internet so I restarted my PC, when it came on it wouldn't connect again, so i restarted it again, i did this repeatedly for about 30 minutes until it wouldn't even find my adapter in a USB port, I have tried all ports, it came with some extender USB port thing and i plugged it in that and into all USB ports and still nothing. At this point I uninstalled everything and re installed it, I have done this for about an hour. I took my PC apart and cleaned it and put everything back together and it turned it on, re installed it and nothing yet again. I am very frustrated, I have been trying to get this useless crap working for the past 10 hours and it isn't working. I have had to write this up on my phone as I have no other PC and I can't check if there is an update I should get off the net, so if that is the case, I am screwed. Is it because it isn't fully compatible with one of my PC parts? Is it because it isn't installing something from the disk, as in it is missing something out? Is it because the adapter is broken? If you know how to get it too work then please help i am struggling and I don't have any money too buy another wireless adapter. It was working fine yesterday, so I can't figure out what is up with it.

CPU - AMD 750K
Motherboard - FM2-A75MA-E35
Operating System - Windows 7 Professional

I have a similar problem. Installed the wireless 3 days ago (after un-installing Zone Alarm first) and then it worked. Turned PC on following day and couldn't connect to internet. checked out device manager and it flagged an issue with the TL-WDN3200.

I then rolled back the updates, now working fine again. Looks like one of the security updates from Microsoft is the issue
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 2

Related Articles