WDN4800 is that card broken or it's just weak?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-04 11:56:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey.
Because i wanted to increase my internet speed i had to change my old TL-WN422G card for something else... something better... something stronger. Well I have bought in last week TL-WDN4800 and when i mount it in my pc i get totally disappointed.
WN422G is detecting about 9 wifi networks 2.4GHz including my own on 2.4GHz. Signal strenght is like stable 62% in connection with my router. I took the best, non-overlapping channel and i can't say a bad word about connection TP-WN422G -> my router.

But what about WDN4800!? Like i said im totally dissapointed. This card barrely can see my router and almost nothing else from the "cloud". That card can't see any other networks. Sometimes it detect my neighbor router which is located about 3-6m from my pc. That's amazing! Even when i connect my WDN4800 to my network i get about 30% of signal strenght. Once i had 50% when i took a lot closer my pc to the router (when router is located about 5-6 meters in straight line from my pc, behind ceiling and wall). And even when i had that amazing 50% rate was like 144mbps - 1mbps it wasn't stable. Real rate was about 1mbps. Right now im only getting nervous. I have tryed everything. Each your driver for WDN4800, format for be sure that there is no collision in old drivers, even tryed athQualcomm / Atheros Wireless LAN Drivers. Still looks that same.

Just tell me... That card is broken or quality of this card looks like that? Would be nice to know because i wasted too much time for this card.

Waiting for response. Cheers
Options
1 Reply
Re:WDN4800 is that card broken or it's just weak?
2014-11-05 09:29:44
Why you buy a PCI adatper to replace a USB one?
Did you try to adjust antennas on WDN4800?
Try chipmaker's driver, the one for AR9380.
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 1

Related Articles