USB Storage Limited access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-12 08:05:54
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.31

ISP :

Hello,

So I plug my external USB HDD into router. WDR4300 recognizes fine. PC with Linux have full unlimited access to HDD. Android tries to access the HDD... can access 10 files fine but when it tries to access 11th file it says "connection problem". It doesn't matter what kind of files (movies, pictures, music, etc) after 10th file, HDD access is dead for the Android (PC still access fine).

To re-enable access I go to "USB Storage Sharing" menu on the WDR4300 and STOP the service then START it again. Android can access HDD again 10 times then... dead.

I guess this is not the proper way for the "USB Storage" function to work.

Thanks for your attention.
Options
5 Reply
Re:USB Storage Limited access
2014-11-12 11:06:06
Are you using latest firmware? What I am interested in is how did you access it using Android? Can you share it? Do I need to install something else? Thank you.
Options
2014-11-17 06:07:11
Firmware Version : 3.13.31

In USB Settings -> Storage Sharing: Start service with password.

In USB Settings -> User accounts: create login and pass.

In Android install app "file manager" (there are others). In File manager menu click "network" -> "scan". Click Router IP. Router will ask for login+pass. Click volumeX (X is the number the router gives depending on witch USB port you plugged the external HDD). HURRAY! For 10 accesses only then... back to my original post. ;)
Options
2014-11-17 06:18:45
Worth to mention that this works only when I access internet from Android via WDR4300 wireless. NOT 3G/4G! I suppose it is possible but you will need an entirely different configuration to access your home network from "outside".
Options
2014-11-25 00:02:54
Bump!
Options
2014-11-25 08:57:39

Kibe wrote

Worth to mention that this works only when I access internet from Android via WDR4300 wireless. NOT 3G/4G! I suppose it is possible but you will need an entirely different configuration to access your home network from "outside".

That's right. Try this. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=341
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 5

Related Articles