TL-WR702N setup confusion

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-13 18:45:18
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi having some difficulty working out what mode I should be using my TL-WR702N in.

I have a Netgear router that provides both wired and wireless access.

However the wifi coverage in our bedroom is poor/patchy.

I previously used Home-plug technology to resolve the internet issue in the bedroom for online access for TV services, however I want to extend the WiFi range in the bedroom using the TL-WR702N and the home-plug connection to extend the WiFi signal without necessarily having to connect to another Access Point/Router configuration. eg. WiFi would appear to be seamless once I had wirelessly connected via the main router.

In case that's not too clear, let me give an example: Let's say the Netgear router is called MainRouter.

I have access to MainRouterwirelessly nearly everywhere and my iPad has a good strength connection and has access to the internet.

When in the bedroom the WiFi signal is poor and I want to use a combination of the wired homeplug (connected to MainRouter and this (as you would expect) has an Ethernet connection from the bedroom power socket that I want to now connect to TL-WR702N and have TL-WR702N act as an extension the MainRouter using the same WiFi credentials to login and give access to my iPad.

I previously accessed the webinterface of the TL-WR702N and set it's name and password to the same as the Netgear router, but have since had second thoughts and would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks.

K
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR702N setup confusion
2014-11-17 09:05:55
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1

Related Articles