Mr

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mr

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mr
Mr
2014-11-16 01:12:07
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 9.1.0.4v 002e Build 140804

ISP : Plusnet

Archer D5 aka AC1200, NOT as above

I posted this in quite the wrong place earlier - apologies. I have had the above modem router for a couple of days and have had much trouble setting it up - a proportion being my inadequacies with wireless technology and transient brain death!

I'm imoressed with the speed and signal strength (so far) and with an iPAD and Win XP PC there seems to be proper connections with both channels (and ethernet with the PC) but my Win 8.1 PC has problems. I can't get the 5GHz channel acknowledged at all and if I try to change the password to a more complex one I can get only the ethernet connection - the 2.4GHz says limited connection. I've tried a number of ruses and updated firmware to 9.1.0.4v 002e Build 140804. I've reset, setup from scratch again, changed cables etc with no joy.

I would like to get the second 5GHz channel and be able to change password - so can anyone help please? I'm not wireless savvy so unfortunately responses will have to be in simple language.

Thanks

Sandy
Options
1 Reply
Re:Mr
2014-11-17 11:31:53
When you change wireless password, did you change wireless network name as well?
If not, to connect the same network using new password, you have to forget the network and reconnect. Your Win 8.1 can detect any other 5GHz network?
http://www.7tutorials.com/how-delete-forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-81
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 1

Related Articles