Serious problems after update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-19 03:18:37
Region : Austria

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.8

ISP : UPC

Hello tp-link community,

I've been enjoying my range extender for quite a while now since it saved me from very bad wireless at my place.

Recently i installed the firmware update and since then i have very bad issues when using it.

Whenever i connect to it, a few seconds later my connection just drops and won't establish again. Rebooting and factory reset won't help anything.
Any setting i've tried does not really seem to solve it.

Right now it doesn't even know if it's connected to the internet but does in fact download via LAN.

I'm really running out of options right now as i can't figure out a way that will leave me connected for more than a few minutes. I've tried factory resetting my main router and changing the network settings on my laptop but nothing does the trick.

Usually after it happens i can sometimes connect to a few websites (mostly just google, facebok and youtube) but any link from there just leads to a connection timeout.
When switching to my very very very weak standard wifi i can connect without problems to any site but it's painfully slow like always.

Any suggestions that might help me?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Serious problems after update
2014-11-20 15:33:08
I am wondering why you upgrade the firmware. Any issues related to the previous firmware?
Options
Worst Problem after Update
2017-01-12 13:35:21
Hi, hope you can help me.

I updated the firmware to the version wa850rev1_en_3_14_8_up_boot(140826), the factory was 1.2. After did it my router doesn't work anymore, just blink wireless led and no more. I can't access to the admin page. Why I updated the firmware, because I'm curious and stupid. Can you hep me?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 794

Replies: 2

Related Articles