unable to update firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-19 04:20:09
Region : Belgium

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : factory defoult from 03/2013

ISP :

Hello

I am really frustrated because just got the router and cannot perform the updates, i tried every firmware that is available on the official website and still nothing: Everything seems ok, the browser informs that the update was successful, that the router will reboot, and after all this nonsense the firmware version is the same as it was. I do all the steps necessary, i use IE as advised, connect with LAN cable,
nothing!

I spent 3 hours trying to install ANY update but failed, and I don't know why

Someone here can give me some hints?
Options
6 Reply
Re:unable to update firmware
2014-11-19 08:45:40
After upgrade the latest firmware (TL-WDR4300_v1_140916), did you reset it to facotry defaults? Disable anti-virus software if there is. Try a different PC.
Options
2014-11-19 17:01:42

Ada wrote

After upgrade the latest firmware (TL-WDR4300_v1_140916), did you reset it to facotry defaults? Disable anti-virus software if there is. Try a different PC.

Yes, I tried to disable the antivirus and firewall, also tried the option to restore factory defoults, in vain. I will try know different computer
Options
2014-11-19 17:15:04
I just tried to upgrade the latest one, choose new maschine, antivirus disabled, option restore to defoults after flashing, and after reboot still the same, version "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) - build 21061 ". I will throw this crap from my balcony soon...
Options
2014-11-20 14:51:53
DD-WRT? So you upgraded a third-party firmware before, right? What a pity...
Options
2014-11-20 16:10:50

Mavis wrote

DD-WRT? So you upgraded a third-party firmware before, right? What a pity...

No I did't, I got the router as it was, just 2 days ago. We were using it in our company network. If it's a third party router is there any way to flash the original firmware?
Options
2014-11-20 17:19:45
You are great guys, Mavis, thanks a lot. I would never imagine that there is third party firmware installed. I was wondering that something is wrong because the layout was completely different from the one I saw in the manual. I got the tool from DD-WRT to bring back the original one and was finally able to update router as it should be. Problem SOLVED!!!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 6

Related Articles