Archer c2 notification issue on android device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-23 00:38:02
Region : Others

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 16.07.14

ISP :

Hello,
I am facing an issue with Gmail, Hangouts, Messenger etc. notifications while connected with an android phone to this router. No issues on other
routers or mobile networks. Notifications are not coming at all or coming with huge delays. Router is running on the latest firmware and using default settings. But for example whatsup or viber applications are not affected. Could you please advice? Thank you and regards.
Options
12 Reply
Re:Archer c2 notification issue on android device
2014-11-24 11:28:03
Can you browse webpages normally on that phone? Any other phones or tablets for you to test? Tried to change channel or channel width on the router?
Options
2014-11-24 21:11:33

Ada wrote

Can you browse webpages normally on that phone? Any other phones or tablets for you to test? Tried to change channel or channel width on the router?

Hi,

Yes, browsing and all the internet services work well except notifications.
Using Iphone there are no issues. Unfortunately I have no other android devices. But the same device on the other router works fine.

I think I have tried to change also channel in settings but if you give me new values I will try again to be sure.
Options
2014-11-25 09:22:37
Very strange issue. Did you try channel 1, 6 or 11 and channel width 20MHz or 40MHz? Can you update your android system?
Options
2014-11-25 16:14:20
Thank you for suggestions, I tried to change Channel on both 2,4GHz and 5GHz yesterday but with no success.
My android is up to date.

I have found some solution for this issue but the suggested option is not available for this particular router:

"To fix the problem, we will have to make sure that the TCP timeout on the WiFi router is more than 15 minutes.
router tcp settings for google push notifications delay
I had initially tuned the TCP parameters on my WiFi router to improve the performance of P2P applications. One of the parameters that I modified was the TCP timeout parameter – I had changed it to 10 minutes from the default setting of 20 minutes (1200 seconds). I reverted the changes and reset the timeout to 20 minutes (or 1200 seconds).
Similarly, on your router, look for a “TCP Timeout” or similar setting and set it 20 minutes (with a buffer of 5 minutes in addition to the 15 minute heartbeat interval)."

http://www.digitalinternals.com/mobile/fix-wifi-push-notifications-delay-android/361/

Do you think this could be the case?
Options
2014-11-26 09:30:06
I cannot open the link you provided.
On router page, go to DHCP---DHCP settings, there is Address Lease Time. I'm not sure if it helps.
Any friends using android phones? You'd better give a try.
Options
2014-11-27 21:37:08
Back to the advice about Channel and Channel Width I tried to change values for 2,4GHz several times and I have realized that after the click on 'Save' button some kind of refresh happens and from this time until the wifi on the phone is switched off notifications work.
But unfortunately when the wifi on the phone is switched on again the issue is back until I push this 'Save' button in router settings manually.
Obviously something on the router is not refreshed automatically after the device is connected to 2,4GHz frequency.
Options
2014-11-28 10:46:05
Next time you may to to disconnect Wi-Fi on your phone and reconnect to see if it works.
Options
2014-11-28 18:56:31

Ada wrote

Next time you may to to disconnect Wi-Fi on your phone and reconnect to see if it works.

That's exactly the issue when I reconnect my phone to Wifi notifications are not coming until I push the button Save in Wireless Settings(2,4GHz)
Options
2014-12-01 09:13:29
Did you try Ada's suggestion? "Any friends using android phones? You'd better give a try."

when I reconnect my phone to Wifi notifications are not coming until I push the button Save in Wireless Settings(2,4GHz)
It is not a reasonable way to make your andoid to connect...Can you reset the device to factory defaults and reconfigure it?
Besides, what's the firmware version of the router? What's the andoid version of your phone?
Options
2015-02-14 19:08:55
I have the same problem and is more serious and complicated than it seems. The problem of gray icon (which means the device can not receive PUSH notifications) is happening too if you connect the router to the network (acting as an access point).

It is a firmware bug, I try enable/disable all options but I can't get the blue icon. If I disconnect the Archer C2 network, everything works OK.

I think this is inadmissible because, today, everyone has Android devices at home and is a bug easy to diagnose and fix by TP-LINK:

Any ideas?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1150

Replies: 12

Related Articles