Archer c2 notification issue on android device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c2 notification issue on android device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Archer c2 notification issue on android device
2015-02-26 18:31:50

gonzalol wrote

I have the same problem and is more serious and complicated than it seems. The problem of gray icon (which means the device can not receive PUSH notifications) is happening too if you connect the router to the network (acting as an access point).

It is a firmware bug, I try enable/disable all options but I can't get the blue icon. If I disconnect the Archer C2 network, everything works OK.

I think this is inadmissible because, today, everyone has Android devices at home and is a bug easy to diagnose and fix by TP-LINK:

Any ideas?

Hello, I had a similar issue. It was caused by the IPv6 settings on my router. After setting the IPv6 to 6to4 and rebooting the router the icon returned to normal and the Google functions started working again.
Options
Re:Archer c2 notification issue on android device
2015-02-27 16:08:48

lpmafiota wrote

Hello, I had a similar issue. It was caused by the IPv6 settings on my router. After setting the IPv6 to 6to4 and rebooting the router the icon returned to normal and the Google functions started working again.

Thank you very much!
This solves the issue.

It is only sad that the official support is not aware of this issue and it is not able to advice for over a half year.
Instead of trying to investigate they are asking about the android device, friends etc...
Options
Related Articles