Archer C7 V2 Media Server Issues Need Help.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-01 05:58:41
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 131217

ISP : ISP

Hello. I just set up a Archer C7 Version 2 Router and it appears to already have the same firmware version installed as is available on the TPlink website (131217).

I have plugged in a Harddrive into the Archer C7 router, which contains a lot of videos, and i enabled the media server and pointed it to the folders which contain videos.

My TV's and Tablets, and other Media Players (WD media player, PS3, etc..) can all see the TPlink media server, and it can also see all the video files....

However for some reason it thinks the videos are music!

Most of the videos have .mp4 extensions and the TPlink media server is listing them as music when they are in fact videos.

The videos work fine if i bypass the router and physically plug in the harddrive into my tv/ps3/wd media player/ ect..

So how can i configure the TPlink media server to assign these .mp4 videos correctly and list them as VIDEOS and not music?

I don't see any other firmware updates on the tplink website.. are there any beta firmware updates somewhere that addresses this issue?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V2 Media Server Issues Need Help.
2014-12-01 11:38:57
Upgrade the latest firmware which should be140929 as it improved the compatibility with DLNA...
After upgrade, reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=Archer+C7&version=V2#tbl_j
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 855

Replies: 1

Related Articles