connecting tp-link wa901nd to eirom netopia router in universal repeater mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-06 08:47:54
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hi folks

I'm trying to help someone out getting their wireless network setup right and am meeting some problems. hope you can help.

I'm trying to connect a Netopia eircom router to a WA901ND access point in universal repeater mode. The netopia signal is not strong enough to get down to the back of the house. when I set the TPlink into universal repeater mode I set it up halfway down the hall, and I have got internet access down at the back of the house. The problem is that up at the front of the house where the netopia router is, I can connect to the network (to the netopia)with strong signal but I dont have internet access.The internet seemed to be passed through to the tplink.

the only thing i can think of is the fact that i didnt give the tplink a static ip address. the ip is 192.168.1.254, same as the netopia router. If I plug an ethernet cable into the tplink and browse to 192.168.1.254, I end up at the netopia interface page. Is this part of the issue?

any help is appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 470

Replies: 0