Feature Request for scheduling bandwidth control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-10 12:27:40
Region : India

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V9

Firmware Version : 3.16.9 Build 141013 Rel.61626n

ISP :

Hi,

This is my first post and also I don't know if it's the right place to request for a feature. We're using cable broadband here with a plan that give different speeds during day and night. For example, from 9AM - 1AM the speed is 1Mbps and from 1AM - 9AM, i.e., during night the speed increases to 3Mbps (I hope other countries also may have these type of plans too :confused:).

So if there could be a scheduling feature that can be enabled with Bandwidth Control settings, then it could have been great, so that nobody has to wake up every night to enable/disable the Bandwidth Control settings.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Feature Request for scheduling bandwidth control
2014-12-18 14:38:43
To request for a feature, you'd better report it here. :)
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2014-12-18 16:34:10
Thanks Ada, I've sent a ticket, by the way, what do think about this feature?
Options
2021-01-07 05:49:09

@Raju 

I've never heard of a pricing/bandwidth scheme like that (im in Canada) but it could be useful, say if you'd like to open up your bandwidth while you aren't using the computer (overnight, etc.) and limit it so browsing isn't affected. Could take it a step further and enable the feature on a per client basis, to prevent one machine from hogging the bw if it's the type to try. 

Im not sure why you'd need your router to implement your ISP's rules tho - doesn't your ISP limit the bandwidth on their end? Or am I missing something?

Ryan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 3