Slow USB write

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow USB write

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow USB write
Slow USB write
2014-12-17 06:24:07
Region : Others

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 141022 Rel.33470n

ISP :

Hello,

HDD 1TB SATA II NTFS connected to USB port, FTP server on WDR-3600 started, no problem with access. Connected via TotalCommaned FTP client on Windows7
Problem:
- extremely slow write speed - max. 650kbytes/s. Read speed fine - about 12000 kbytes/s. Tested with 1GB file.

Thanks for any suggestions
Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow USB write
2014-12-17 14:32:51
What's the speed tested locally? Besides, if the drive is connected to USB port directly, what's the speed?
Read speed is really goood but write speed is normal actually according to my experience.
Options
Re:Slow USB write
2014-12-18 06:55:29

Mavis wrote

What's the speed tested locally? Besides, if the drive is connected to USB port directly, what's the speed?
Read speed is really goood but write speed is normal actually according to my experience.

Thanks for quick response.
What you mean "locally"? PC is connected directly to the LAN port of 3600 and HDD is connected directly to the USB port of 3600.
The write speed is low even the PC is connected via wifi to the router.
If the HDD is connected directly to the PC, the speed is more than 50Mbytes/s.

I've tested another computer with W7 and total commander and write speed is approx. 5000kbytes/s - this is what I expect. So it's strange for me. I'll try to do more tests and find some differencies between those 2 scenario, but now I really don't understand why it happens.

Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 2

Related Articles