Random fault T4U AC1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Random fault T4U AC1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Random fault T4U AC1200
Random fault T4U AC1200
2014-12-18 19:01:51
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm convinced this is a hardware fault.
I have installed the adapter on my desktop to set up an Access Point so my laptops, smartphone and tablet can use the internet. I have 3 laptops, one of which is connected to my ADSL2+ modem via an ethernet cable. I have set up the SoftAP (many times) correctly and checked and re-checked the Win 7 Network & Sharing settings. Sometimes the adapter works as it should. Most times my desktop shows that SoftAP has internet access but my laptops can not see it in the available network connections. Neither can my smartphone or tablet.
If I set up the adapter on the one laptop that has the ethernet connection, exactly the same symptoms occur, so whereas I first thought I may have a problem with the desktop PC, I refuse to believe that two different computers have system faults that stop the adapter from working correctly.

My desktop is running Windows 7 Professional and my laptop is running Win 7 Ultimate. My other laptops that I wish to connect regularly via WiFi are using Win 8.1 and Win 7 Pro. The tablet and smartphone use Android. When one item can connect, they all can connect. Sometimes after they have connected, a few minutes or hour later the connection disappears but the desktop still shows SoftAP as having internet access.

Does anyone please have any idea what's happening here. My hair is already white and I'm starting to pull it out!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Random fault T4U AC1200
2014-12-19 15:53:02
Hi, have you ever used this T4U to connect to a dual band router? If so I think I know what had happened.

This T4U is a dual band adapter, so it can use either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, but it cannot use 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time.
When you set up softAP function, the T4U will choose to use 2.4GHz or 5GHz depending on its last settings.
For example, I bought the T4U, at first I use this T4U to connect a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. Then I set up softAP on this T4U, during the setup the T4U automatically starts broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. All of my tablets see the Wi-Fi.

However, the other day I happened to use the T4U to connect to a 5GHz Wi-Fi. Then I set up softAP on this T4U, so that the T4U automatically starts broadcasting a 5GHz Wi-Fi. If my smartphone support 5GHz, it will see the Wi-Fi from T4U. But many devices do not support 5GHz so that they cannot see it.

All in short, on your desktop, use the T4U to connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, then set up the softAP again, check whether your smartphone can see the Wi-Fi or not.
Options
Re:Random fault T4U AC1200
2014-12-19 17:38:22
Thanks for the suggestion but I have never (to my knowledge) used dual band. However I will try setting the T4U to 2.4 instead of auto and see if that stabilizes it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 2

Related Articles