WDR3600 can't obtain public IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-29 18:36:06
Region : Others

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Targo Telekom

Hi everyone, it's my first post here.

I have the following problem. I have an optical connection and my ISP provided me with a modem/router. I used it for a while until I bought wdr3600. I put the ONT (optical modem) into bridge mode and connected the tp link router to it. At first I got a public IP address for a short while, but I couldn't access any site on the internet. Shortly after, I lost the public IP address. It has been like that for more than 2 weeks. What can I do? My internal network is working.

My ISP told me that I should set IP address type as dynamic, and I did so. I don't know much more about it, if I can I will try and answer any questions I might have. The settings are all default except something related to wifi.

Thanks in advance,
Danilo
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDR3600 can't obtain public IP address
2014-12-30 14:14:01
Danilo, did you try to power off the router and modem and power them back on to see if it helps?
Try MAC Clone and some other settings. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=138
If it won't work, connecting to the modem directly, you can access internet, right? What's the IP address obtained?
Options
2014-12-30 18:35:33

Ada wrote

Danilo, did you try to power off the router and modem and power them back on to see if it helps?
Try MAC Clone and some other settings. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=138
If it won't work, connecting to the modem directly, you can access internet, right? What's the IP address obtained?

1. I did that a couple of times, didn't help.
2. I cloned the MAC address that was previously registered at my ISP, but it didn't help. After it didn't work for two days, they told me to restore the default MAC address of the router. Still nothing.
3. I didn't try using the ISP provided ONT in modem mode, I used it as a router (dhcp on, wifi on, route mode), and that way it worked. The ISP uses dynamic addresses.

The current state is a compromise. I left the ONT in route mode, but disabled DHCP and WiFi. The only client connected to the ONT is the TP-Link router, and its DHCP is on, wifi on, etc. It is working now, I have a separate local network (192.168.0.1, the ONT address is 192.168.1.1). But I guess it's not the optimal setup.
Options
2015-01-05 11:14:36
I left the ONT in route mode, but disabled DHCP and WiFi. The only client connected to the ONT is the TP-Link router, and its DHCP is on, wifi on, etc. It is working now, I have a separate local network (192.168.0.1, the ONT address is 192.168.1.1). But I guess it's not the optimal setup.

Sounds very strange. When the modem works in bridge mode, DHCP is off or on. Try bridge mode and ensure the DHCP is disabled. Check if the router can obtain a public IP address.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 551

Replies: 3

Related Articles