Windows connection speed for TL-WN7200ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-30 08:45:23
Region : Chile

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, everyone.

I'd like to know if I'm getting optimal performance from a TL-WN7200ND.

Specs say it runs 150 Mbps, but Windows displays 72 Mbps connection speed.

I'm testing with both a Linksys WAP300N and an EA6500. Both run at 300N.

For testing purposes, clients are just meters apart from router/AP, no obstacles in between.

I'm planning to jump over from N to AC, but will keep the N signal alive for general purpose, and want to know if 72 Mbps is the fastest connection speed Windows can get out of TL-WN7200ND.

I'm not benchmarking data throughput yet, just viewing the connection speed as reported by Windows.

Thanks
Options
6 Reply
Re:Windows connection speed for TL-WN7200ND
2014-12-30 16:46:13
What's the OS?
Go to Computer Management---Device Manager---Network Adapters
Go to Properties of the USB adatper WN7200.
Go to Advanced and check connection speed.
Provide a screenshot pls.
Besides, provide screenshots of wireless settings and wireless security page of your router.
Options
2015-01-14 05:28:10
Hi, Ada.
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry I could not get back sooner.
Windows 7 x64 Professional. TP-LINK utility and driver just downloaded from site.
If I go under properties for the adapter in device manager, the advanced tab does not show connection speed, but I'm pasting a screenshot from the TP-LINK utility too.

Thanks
Options
2015-01-14 14:08:50
Try to update the driver of RT3070 in the link as below.
http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/

The screenshot of your PC is in Spanish or some other language? I don't understand it...
Don't forget to provide screenshots of wireless settings and wireless security page of your router.
Options
2015-01-14 14:14:27
The router and the adapter is communicating in 20MHz(single channel)

For 802.11n standard, 72.2Mbps is the highest speed when using 20MHz mode.

On your wireless router, there should be a channel width setting, set channel width to 40MHz

In addition, when there is channel interference around, they cannot negotiate a 40MHz according to the standard, which means if the channel is crowed and used by others, you cannot get full 150Mbps. That is why people say wireless performance depends heavily on environment conditions.
Options
2015-01-14 19:35:50

Ada wrote

Try to update the driver of RT3070 in the link as below.
http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads/

The screenshot of your PC is in Spanish or some other language? I don't understand it...
Don't forget to provide screenshots of wireless settings and wireless security page of your router.

Hi, Ada.

I'm afraid it's Spanish.

Driver update installation from Mediatek was successful, but the driver version shown in Device Manager remains the same, as well as the connection speed.

At present I'm using a Thomson routher (not the Linksys I mentioned earlier). Here's the configuration.

I should mention I do get higher connection speeds with other adapters with this same router.

Thanks
Options
2015-01-14 19:38:27
Hi, coca koala.

Thanks for your reply.

I will be checking the Linksys router configuration as soon as I have access to it again. The Thomson router I'm using now doesn't offer changing the channel width, I'm afraid.

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1304

Replies: 6

Related Articles