Windows Loading Error After TL-WN823N Drivers were Installed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-30 16:23:32
Region : Others

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telkom

Good day

Yesterday I've purchased the TL-WN823N WiFi Adapter to connect my PC to my WiFi network.

I use a Windows 7 64bit Operating System.

After I've installed the driver and utility from the CD provided, everything seemed to be working. When I restarted my computer however, it failed to start Windows.

The error messege states that the file "winload.exe" is missing or corrupt.

I used my Windows CD to repair Windows and after that, Windows loaded, but everytime I restart, I receive the same error again. So, now I have to use my Windows CD everytime to "fix" the problem before Windows will start correctly.

After a lot of struggle, I've finaly managed to uninstall the TL-WN823N adapter and did a system restore. After this, Windows kept loading like normal, without any problems. I decided to try and install the TL-WN823N driver and utility agian, restarted my computer and Windows failed to load again.

Can you please assist me in this matter? I've searched all over the internet. My Windows Boot files seems okay (as far as I can tell), so I'm not sure why this happens. I'm 99% sure the error is due to the installation of the drivers and utility of the TL-WN823N adapter.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Options
5 Reply
Re:Windows Loading Error After TL-WN823N Drivers were Installed
2014-12-30 16:49:23
Sounds like utility issue. Try to install the driver only manually. The driver can be downloaded on TP-LINK website.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WN823N&version=V1#tbl_a
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=228
Options
2014-12-31 14:40:50
Hi Ada

Thanks for the help. Can't believe the solution was so simple!!

I've restarted my computer serveral times yesterday after the manual installation of the driver and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks again
Options
2014-12-31 14:52:10
Just to summarise the solution, should anyone else have this problem!

If you can't load windows, change to boot from the Windows CD. You do not need to go to the Windows setup, just select to boot from CD/DVD and let the seconds count down. Windows should load from your hard drive like normal.

Should the above not be the case, boot from the Windows CD, Select your Language, Click on the link to "Repair Windows Installation"
You can try to repair Windows startup files or you can try to do a system restore. After that Windows will restart and load like normal.

Uninstall the TP Link uitility and driver.

I wasn't able to do a system restore, windows kept giving an error. I decided to manually install (update driver software) the latest driver as per Ada's post above.

The problem was fixed!
Options
2015-04-17 14:47:25
Winload.exe is Missing or Corrupt in Windows 8.1/8/7/ Vista, How to Fix it? Here is an article about it: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/fix-windows/how-to-fix-winload-exe-is-missing-corrupt-in-windows-8-1-8-7-vista.html
Options
2015-04-17 14:48:37
I read your post and find out a problem, Winload.exe is Missing or Corrupt in Windows 8.1/8/7/ Vista, How to Fix it? Perhpas you can use Windows Boot Genius
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 837

Replies: 5