Tp-link TL WA860RE HELP PLEASE!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-31 04:46:55
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello to all fellow forumers :)

I bought the Tp-link wireless N wall plugged range extender (TL- WA860RE) today and I have a problem.
I plugged the device as the installation instructs ( I am using the web browser method to install it) and I cannot complete the quick setup as the web page won't load. At first I couldn't even get to the login screen but after many resets to the device I got to the final step where I have to wait for 2 mins for the setup to finish.When it reaches 100% the "cannot connect to the web page'' message appears.:mad: I don't know what am I doing wrong so any help will be really appreciated.

Sorry if this is not the correct section of the forums, I really couldn't find my device.

Thank you.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tp-link TL WA860RE HELP PLEASE!!!
2014-12-31 14:09:45
Not that difficult:cool:

0. Press and hold the reset button(hole) with a small pin for 8 seconds, release when you see all the LED lights flashing.
1. Power on the WA860RE, it should be located close enough to your main router for better signal.
2. connect your computer to the WA860RE via a Ethernet cable, login via tplinkextender.net or 192.168.0.254
3. Run the quick setup again. Finish the steps and wait for the device to operate. The page may say "cannot connect to the web page'', but that is normal, keep checking the LED lights on the device. Go to the next step.
4. Once succeeded, the First light will become solid.

Off: TL-WA860RE isn't connected to the router.
Flashing Green: TL-WA860RE is connecting to the router.
Solid Green:TL-WA860RE is connected to the router and is in a good location.
Flashing Orange: TL-WA860RE is connected to the router but is too far away from the router.
Solid Orange: TL-WA860RE is connected to the router but is too close to the router

If you still can't get it work. Call the support, they will guide you to finish the setup step by step.
Options
2014-12-31 18:00:47
Thank you for the reply :). I'llt try that and see what happens.
Options
2014-12-31 19:45:17
I did what you suggested but via ethernet I cannot even get the login screen to show up so I cannot get on with the setup at all.And when I do it wirelessly, I cannot get past the stage where it searches for networks ( it searches for them and when it completes, the ''cannot load the webpage appears''.:(
Options
2015-01-06 22:49:02

karen4 wrote

I did what you suggested but via ethernet I cannot even get the login screen to show up so I cannot get on with the setup at all.And when I do it wirelessly, I cannot get past the stage where it searches for networks ( it searches for them and when it completes, the ''cannot load the webpage appears''.:(

The steps are just like coca koala says. But you still meet with difficulties loading the page. Better try another browser or another computer. Maybe operating on another computer would be much easier.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1063

Replies: 4

Related Articles