Forward UDP traffic on port 10999

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-02 16:47:12
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 3.16.6 Build 130529 Rel.47286n

ISP : RCS&RDS

Hello,

I have a game on Steam which displays "???" at the ping tab for a lot servers, and one of the developer posted the following steps on how to get rid of them and display the ping number:

Hey, you should be able to configure your existing router to allow ping requests to come through.

To do this you need to forward UDP traffic on port 10999.

Long form answer:

To find your systems internal ip address, open a command window (cmd) and type ipconfig. It will return something like this:
[CODE]Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : office.kleientertainment.com
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : -----------------------
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.XX.XX <--- You want this one[/CODE]

Next, go to your router configuration page. (Try googling the model of your router to find this page / the credentials required to access it). Look for a tab that says port forwarding. And forward UDP traffic on port 10999 to your internal ip (192.168. something ).
Since so many servers cannot be pinged, we will likely come up with a better solution in the not-so-distant future.

So, could anyone help me out on how to forward UDP traffic on port 10999 on my WR740N router? My computer knowledge isn't quite shabby, and after googling for a while for some port forwarding tutorials, I thought I would solve my problem after going to Forwarding -> Virtual Servers and filling the fields like this, but the game still displays "???" at the ping tab. If someone could confirm I did the right steps similar to what the quote above advised, I'll know to get back to the developer letting him know it might still be a game bug and not something from my side.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Forward UDP traffic on port 10999
2015-01-04 17:10:27
TP-LINK routers (and other routers) allow Ping packets coming through by default..

I think you can enable DMZ for your computer.

Forwarding -> DMZ --> type in the IP address of your computer. Better set a DHCP reservation for your computer first in order to maintain the same IP address for that computer.

If the above step still don't work, I think it should be a network issue rather than a router issue. If your ISP doesn't provide you a public IP address, you may suffer no PING issue on stream.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 1

Related Articles