Router slowing down internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-03 02:38:09
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : V1_141022

ISP : Rogers

Hey, just recently got the TL-WDR3600 router but I find that it is slowing down my download speeds greatly. I set up the router using the setup wizard, didn't really do any changes. I also have updated to the latest firmware. When I connect directly to modem I get 25/3 DL/UL but when I go through the router I get around 15/3. I am also using wired connection and have tried turning off the wireless function of the router so it is not a wireless issue. Not sure what other information I should be providing you guys but feel free to ask.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Router slowing down internet connection
2015-01-05 14:28:30
Copied from http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=690.
Q:Why internet speed is slower when devices are connected to the router than connected directly to the modem?
A: To figure out the problem, We need collect some basic information:
1. How did you test the internet speed? What kind of software or method did you use?
2. How many computers and devices are connected to TP-LINK router? With ethernet cable or via wireless?
3. Is the internet also slow when your computer is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable?
4. When you checked the Internet speed, did you have any torrent software on the computer, like downloading files, or watching video online? How about on other computers?
5. Compare the speed like below:
(1) Bypass the TP-LINK router and hook up computer directly to your modem, download a file from Internet, and check the download speed;
(2) Hook up the modem to the router and router to your computer, download the same file from the same resource with the same download tool, check the download speed again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2093

Replies: 1

Related Articles