TP-WR710N Firmware Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-04 03:41:14
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR710N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.16.12 Build 140922 Rel.61239n

ISP :

Hi, a few bug/limitation reports...

When switching operating modes, the device IP is reset to default (192.168.0.254) even if a static IP had been previously assigned.
[*]It's not possible to set default gateway, DNS servers, or NTP servers when configuring static IP in AP mode
[*]No syslog server target option
[*]Time-of-date WiFi on/off scheduling would be nice

Really like this device though as an access point. It has good wireless performance (for a '150 device - 10MB/s sustained, fast enough for FTTC services) and handy second LAN port at a knock-out price. I used Apple AirPort Express (802.11n 1st-gen) and for a long time they were very good & stable, but they got old and I replaced them with the newer version but they had many client compatibility issues. Then I used Netgear AP's but the stability was poor. So far so good for the TP-Links, despite the price!
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-WR710N Firmware Issues
2015-01-26 04:39:21
In addition to the above niggles, I had some issues with SSH sessions when roaming between access points.

Then I found that Open-WRT can be run on these (V1/V1.1, 8MB flash only) which completely changes the game, so much so I went back and bought another 3 of them. Very happy with these!
Options
Re:TP-WR710N Firmware Issues
2015-02-18 17:36:56
Wanted to open a topic, however, I'll add here:
I always use it to connect to wireless networks in WISP Client Router mode; since I've updated to the last firmware (TL-WR710N_V1_140922), when I set it to connect to a new network and save the configuration, it doesn't ask to reboot anymore.
Of course, you have to reboot it manually.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 2

Related Articles