With WDN4800 v1.3 adapter plugged in Windows will not boot up completely and more

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

With WDN4800 v1.3 adapter plugged in Windows will not boot up completely and more

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-04 11:38:30
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had several problems with the wireless adapter.

Firstly, I plugged it in and booted my computer fine and tried to installed the driver and configuration utility and after several hours it was stuck at halfway. I found the only way I could install the driver and utility was to remove the adapter and install them that way.

Then when I booted the computer with the driver and utility installed and the adapter plugged in properly installed, Windows would not completely boot up correctly. It got stuck after logging in to Windows - it just got stuck at a blank screen and would not progress despite my leaving it for more than an hour.

I also tried removing the wireless adapter and booting the computer - which worked fine - then plugging in the wireless adapter while Windows was running and the supplied TP-Link configuration utility didn't recognise that I had plugged in the wireless adapter.

The only way the TP-Link utility would recognise the wireless adapter when I plugged it in while Windows was running was if I had plugged in an ethernet cable simultaneously. Then I could get the Wireless adapter to work. However when I removed the ethernet cable and rebooted the computer the same problem with Windows not completely rebooting happened. It got stuck at the same blank screen after login.

My computer is also dual boot Linux, and strangely the adapter works fine under Linux.

What's going on here?
Options
1 Reply
Re:With WDN4800 v1.3 adapter plugged in Windows will not boot up completely and more
2015-01-05 16:33:06
Windows 7 or 8?
Try to install the driver only and connect to Wi-Fi using Windows built-in utility.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=306
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 1