Setting up wifi pasword on router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-10 00:06:59
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi i have problem whit finishing CD setup for TL-WR&41ND.
What i wanted to do is connec already existing network whit wifi password and make new password for wifi that router is emitting, so i can have my home wifi network that only i can aces.
The problem is when i finishing CD setup it says : Failed to verify router settings. 1. Please check the WAN connection type and parameters. 2. Please check your connectivity and retry.
I tried setting it up not without using CD setup and it works fine but wifi is open when i try to set up password on "192.168.1.1" site i see password of already existing wifi network of main modem so i cant set up wifi password for my router.
If some can help my fix the problem i have whit CD setup or tell me how to set it up different way i would be grateful.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up wifi pasword on router
2015-01-12 14:44:23
when i try to set up password on "192.168.1.1" site i see password of already existing wifi network of main modem so i cant set up wifi password for my router.

On wireless---wireless security page, delete password of already existing wifi network and make a new one. Save it. Reboot the router.
Remove the network profile on your laptop and reconnect with the new password. If you are not sure how to do it, change the network name as well.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=399
Options
Re:Setting up wifi pasword on router
2015-01-12 16:19:16
Log into the TL-WR741ND, navigate to wireless --> wireless security to set up password for the WR741ND's WiFi
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 2

Related Articles