Router is not working properly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-10 02:10:54
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V9

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Every few days, I am not able to connect to the internet. When I try to open a page, I get the message "Resolving host...". Also, the router displays an old network name, so it displays 2 network names at once. I am able to access the old network name (with slow interrupted connection) but not the network name I have most recently configured. This has been going on for close to a year now and I have exhausted all possible solutions to this problem. I need an answer ASAP, thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Router is not working properly.
2015-01-12 14:34:50
The router will only disaply one network name and it should be the new one.
The old one may be someone else's Wi-Fi? Did you remove all network profiles except your new network?
Did you try to connect to LAN port of WR841 and access internet? Is it working properly?
Check firmware of the work and ensure it is the latest version.
Try to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 on the router (DHCP---DHCP Settings page.)
Options
Re:Router is not working properly.
2015-01-12 15:44:57
1. Besides this WR841N is there any other router/access point/range extender in your network?
2. How does it recover every time the problem occurs?
3. Better upgrade the latest firmware
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 2

Related Articles