Archer C7 Can't login in web interface.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-15 06:29:10
Region : Brazil

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : ArcherC7v2_v3_en_3_14_1_up_boot(140929)

ISP : Telemar

Hello Friends

I have an Archer C7 Ver.2.0 and after installing the latest Firmware ArcherC7v2_v3_en_3_14_1_up_boot(140929) from Tp-Link site i can access the router only one time and after a reboot i can not login anymore in web interface. Only after a Hard Reset i can access the web interface again. The same thing happens when i change the default password of the Router, after a reboot no login.
I read that this may be a problem with this firmware.

Can anybody help me out and tell me which firmware i can use or is there any beta firmware without this problem?

Thank you in advance
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Can't login in web interface.
2015-01-15 16:10:36
can you ping the LAN ip when this happened?
Options
2015-01-15 20:48:47
I haven't made this test, at the moment the router is running Gargoyle firmware but I want to go back to original firmware to use 5ghz band.

Any idea which firmware I can use, newer one or older?
Options
2015-01-16 04:18:12

Miles wrote

can you ping the LAN ip when this happened?

Yes i can ping the Router without problems at 192.168.0.1 and answers are 1ms.

I noticed that in the exact moment i click SAVE when i change password a lot of characters are added to the password i wrote in the box. Maybe it´s a Bug on this firmware,

Any help?
Options
2015-01-16 09:08:12
Any error message when you cannot login? Did you see the window asking for username and password?
Try to clear browesing data first and login with the new password or try a different web browser or PC.

I noticed that in the exact moment i click SAVE when i change password a lot of characters are added to the password i wrote in the box.
That is for security consideration, not a bug.
Options
2015-01-16 09:16:59
Yes in the Login Page when i try to login the message is wrong user or password. I cleared browsing data and used different Browsers and Computers and still the same problem.

I just finished to call Tp-Link Support in China and the assistant answered me that they know about the problem and that she will forward the case to the technicans.

To solve the problem she told me to NOT CHANGE the password and use the default admin/admin login but i really don't wanna let it so easy. LOL
Options
2015-01-22 09:38:25
Omiez, did you get any more replies from the support? It is not acceptable that we have to use default admin/admin, isn't it?
It seems that 140929 is not the latest firmware. Try to upgrade 141110 and see if the problem can be solved.
Options
2015-01-22 09:59:10
Hello Ada

Sorry for answering so late.

Installed the last version yesterday and was testing it, magically all the problems of login are gone.
I had also problems with my WiFi clients but this bug is solved too in the new version.

Hopefully we are on the right way now with the new firmwares.

I noticed that v3 desappeared from the support,correct?
Options
2015-01-22 10:38:05
I noticed it indeed. Don't know why but yours is V2 which is not affected.
Enjoy your internet. ;)
Options
2015-01-22 10:43:30
Mine is v2 but i had this probkems. I think they are working on v3 and release is next.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2710

Replies: 9

Related Articles