Archer C7 doesn't work properly on 5 gigaband when AC protocol is used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-20 00:44:11
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Europe

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 12/4/2014, latest available.

Problem with Samsung Chromebook 2 XE503C12 (Samsung Exynos 5 Octa processor)

Using just the n-protocol it works fine on the 5 giga band. I get speeds like below consistently using just the n-protocol Also 8 meters from the router:

LinkStatistics/4/TransmitBitrate: 300.0 MBit/s MCS 15 40MHz short GI

When setting it to use the AC protocol it initially often almost locked the computer. Normally it didn't get an IP-address from the router. It could get one after a while but working very slow after that.

After updating to the latest firmware for the Archer C7 I get an IP-address as expected but the behavior is erratic with respect to the speed:

With ONLY the 5 giga band activated I get speeds within two classes:

LinkStatistics/4/TransmitBitrate: 866.7 MBit/s VHT*MCS 9 80MHz short GI VHT*NSS 2, or
LinkStatistics/4/TransmitBitrate: 780.0 MBit/s VHT*MCS 9 80MHz VHT*NSS 2, or
LinkStatistics/4/TransmitBitrate: 702.0 MBit/s VHT*MCS 8 80MHz VHT*NSS 2
as the lowest from the “High Speed class”

Often it jumpes to the other extreme:

LinkStatistics/4/TransmitBitrate: 6.5 MBit/s VHT*MCS 0 VHT*NSS 1, nothing between the slow and high speed classes.

Measured 1 meter in front of router.

With BOTH the 2,4 and 5 gigaband activated I seem to get only the low speed class. The Chromebook is set to use only the router on the 5 giga band.

I have four other units on the network using the 5 giga band which all seem to work as intended. One of them also uses the AC protocol but only one stream (443 MB maximum and 40 MHz) so it is not directly comparable with the Chromebook.

Samsung and TP-LINK are playing table tennis with me, booth stating; “Haven't seen this before, it must be the other part's fault. Find another router with 5 giga + AC and try.” Chromebooks are quite new with the AC band and the combination Archer C7 and Samsung Chromebook is probably not too usual yet. Samsung has changed all the hardware during service and I have tried various firmware versions for the Chromebook. Held against TP-LINK is the improvement I see when upgrading the firmware and that it matters if the 2,4 giga band is activated in the router although not used by the Chromebook.

YOUR HELP?

- If you have the same type of Chromebook you could measure the speed you get with any router using the AC protocol. You read the speed by giving the address chrome://system, wait for the result = about 5 seconds, scroll down to network-devices and expand to read. Does it show two extreme classes of speed like mine? The result especially valuable if you don't use an Archer C7.

- If you could measure the speed you get with any computer using the Archer C7 setfor the AC protocol. Do you get results between the extremes. It should be computers capable of speeds like the maximum I have above.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 0