Fell a little stupid TL-WR702N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-25 21:51:27
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP :

...but I'll feel even stupider if I'm without connection from Europe tomorrow. Bought the WR702N for use in a hotel with wired internet only - using a borowed ipad with which I am not familiar. In testing at home both my laptop and the ipad connect fine when the TP is plugged in to my existing wi-fi router. There is no nternet access when plugged direct to incioming split phone line (broadband). Is that normal ? (told you I feel stupid). If so I can expect the hotel to have a router somewhere in the basement sorting out the front end and my room connection is actually to the hotel's router ?? yes/no. If so please send reassurance when you can spare a moment. If I need to take this a step further by assigning addresses and such please spare a moment to unsettle me. At present on my laptop the device is set to automatically detect ISP address as directed in quick installation. Sorry if this is very basic but after three hours of experiment there are other priorities befor a very early departure.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Fell a little stupid TL-WR702N
2015-01-26 14:45:14
There is no nternet access when plugged direct to incioming split phone line (broadband). Is that normal ?
Normal. The port plugged in phone line is RJ11 port, while port on WR702N is RJ45 port.

If so I can expect the hotel to have a router somewhere in the basement sorting out the front end and my room connection is actually to the hotel's router ?? yes/no.
Yes. Hotel wired connection comes from a router normally. If you connect a laptop to it by cable and access internet directly, WR702N will be able to work in access point mode and provide Wi-Fi.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 1

Related Articles