TL-PS110P: Long queue delay after printing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-10 02:55:20
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PS110P

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought a TL-PS110P for my HP 4000 laser printer. I print to it from clients running Windows XP, 7 and 8.1.

It works fine as a print server, except for one detail. Whenever I print a document, the document remains in the client's print queue for over a minute after printing has actually finished. Since it is still in the queue for all this time, the next document cannot be printed.

For example, if I send DOC1, DOC2 and DOC3 to the printer in quick succession, the sequence of events is:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DOC1, DOC2 and DOC3 enter the queue.

DOC1 is immediately printed, but then remains in the queue for over a minute after completion of printing.

Eventually DOC1 disappears from the queue, and DOC2 prints.

DOC2 remains in the queue for over a minute after completion of printing.

Eventually DOC2 disappears from the queue, and DOC3 prints.

etc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thus it seems that either the print server does not signal "end of printing" to the client, or the client does not recognize the signal. Is there any way to remove the >1 minute delay after printing each document?

Ideas anyone?

Ian
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-PS110P: Long queue delay after printing
2015-02-10 15:30:57
Answering my own question, TP-Link Support reminded me:

1. Under the Ports tab for the printer, uncheck "bidrectional support".

2. Under Additional Ports Information, click on "Custom", then check "LPR Byte Counting Enabled".

Thanks Clair.

--
Ian
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1126

Replies: 1