Problem when using ethernet connection on TL-WA860RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-12 06:53:03
Region : Denmark

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I just bought the TL-WA860RE, and everything seems to work fine. Easy setup, and it extends my wireless network just fine, BUT... I bought this extender specifically because it has an ethernet port, as I need to connect a wired device a couple of rooms away from my router. The problem is that as soon as I plug in a device in the ethernet port, the internet connection on the extender goes south. I'm not sure what happens, but it looks like everything just starts going super slow. And that goes for both the wired connected device and the wireless connected devices. As soon as I disconnect the ethernet cable from the extender or simply just shut down the connected device, the wireless connection starts working again. I've tried connecting my setup box and my laptop through the ethernet cable, and the problem occurs which ever device I use. I've also tried switching cables. The problem remains the same. As soon as I connect a device through ethernet, the whole thing stops working. Ethernet and wireless alike.

Am I doing something wrong or have I just recieved a faulty device?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem when using ethernet connection on TL-WA860RE
2015-02-13 13:52:57
If to reset and reconfigure it won't fix it, I'm afraid it is faulty.
Options
2015-02-13 15:42:42
I've reset it several times and tried WPS as well as different manual configurations. The result is always the same. :-(
Options
2015-02-15 15:44:52
Replace it under warranty. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1115

Replies: 3

Related Articles