Advice about Operation Mode - connecting with router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-12 10:07:14
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Eunet ADSL Serbia

Please give me advice how to setup one TP-Link TD-W8968 ADSL2+ modem and AP TL-WA801ND

Two location, house and office 20m away (three walls)...and need to have in both place WI-FI fast as posibble. Signal from Router is good, checking with my iPhone near a place in house where is AP located.

1. Office ADSL modem TD-W8968, 20Mbit line annex A (not ISDN, regular line) ..... (one computer, few iPhones and iPads
2. HOUSE, there is TP link switch 5port (one desktop PC, one Smart TV, one Sattelite reciver), and Access Point TL-WA801ND (need also to have wifi for iPhones...)

setting as repeater, somehow bandwith drops down even to 1Mbit in my house. Wallking to office, and I guess connecting directly to router, I can get full speed.

Please, give me some advice. How to setup them to work correctly
Reading now about half duplex, when AP is in repeater mode.....but how to setup AP to connect to router in office (where is ADSL line) , and also at same time to set up AP so I can connect with iPhone in my house to him and have 20mbit bandwith?

Thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:Advice about Operation Mode - connecting with router
2015-02-13 02:59:42
Thanks for reply.

I didnt explain well about three walls. It is one brick wall and two wooden doors, so AP and router are in one line and just one brick wall is not problem to have a full speed. As I say, when I turn off AP in home, and set iPhone in location where is AP in home, I can connect to router who is s located in office with full speed.

One other thing, I wasn't honest. Ruter came up two days ago, but AP shuld arrive today, but it isn't. Perhaps I was not patient enough to wait for that AP arrives and ask a question. Sorry..

I am curently have just new router (TD-W8968 ADSL2+ modem), and old AP TP link TL-WA601g (working in 54g standard) and I am waiting new one (TL-WA801ND) to arrive (should arrive today, but it isnt). So I didnt test two new device in real world yet.

But with current setup, as I say, WiFi is ok in office, and not ok in house.

Is it maybe because of 54g AP or because of half-duplex working old AP in Repeater mode, that maybe was real question.

I will test it soon as it arrive (new AP) and post result. I hope new AP WiFi N standard can work full speed at home.

See ya soon

p.s. Third party solution....does you mean to change firmware, with one that have much more option (custom made by some crazy hacker group, not to mention name here)?
p.p.s Sorry If my English is bad

I am going now to read links that you posted to me
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 1