TG-3269 Gigabit PCI Adapter - Slower than my old On Board LAN??!! WHY IS THIS?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-18 04:49:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TG-3269

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : ? (Latest CD Driver)

ISP : VIRGIN

Hi,

Can somebody please help me. I have just recently purchased and insalled this TP-Link TG-3269 GIGABIT PCI Adapter in my computer and have correctly installed the recommended drivers from the CD following the instructions on th e-manual, which to be honest were very easy to understand...I am receiving 162Mb/s and with my Gaming PC I get the full 162Mb/s on a speed test, however when I try the test on the PC i have installed the PCI GIGIBIT Adapter in it only goes to 23-29 Mb/s ... If I then take the cable out of the PCI Card and put it back into the on board ethernet port it manages to pull around 44 Mb/s... The computer is only 3 years old and has a mediocre Processor and 4GB DDR3 running an SSD and an NVidia Ge-Force 460GT 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card. This is my sons computer.Is there anything specific I have missed or I can do to improve the speed of the card? After all it is supposed to be a Gigabit PCI Card (10/100/1000)

Any Suggestions would be welcome at this point. It was only £10 so it's not all bad but there wasno real point in buying this unless I can get the given speeds out of it.

Regards
Dave
Options
1 Reply
Re:TG-3269 Gigabit PCI Adapter - Slower than my old On Board LAN??!! WHY IS THIS?
2015-03-18 16:32:20
What's the connection speed showing on local area connection?
Try chipmaker's driver here.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=4&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=10
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1

Related Articles