Internet drops with TL-WA901ND v3 as Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-20 06:56:48
Region : Colombia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : TL-WA901ND_V3_141030

ISP : Claro

Hello there,

Well I have been searching about this for some time and without any certain answer about it.

This is what actually happens, the AP losses connection with internet constantly (sometimes each 10 mins, sometimes each hour)... and I really find it weird because the router internet is fine in the 1st floor, although in the 2nd it doesn't. I can check this thanks to my laptop, since it shows a message in the wifi icon that says "No connection with internet" when the AP is failing to connect internet. Sometimes even wont access to internet unless we reset it. I would be happy if you can help me with this annoying problem, because it's a real mess all this internet interruptions. I must also tell you all that while I was writing this message it disconnected twice lol, so please help.

Thank you in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet drops with TL-WA901ND v3 as Repeater
2015-04-01 01:33:49
Try Universal Repeater.
Options
Re:Internet drops with TL-WA901ND v3 as Repeater
2015-04-02 13:00:39

Varric wrote

I would be happy if you can help me with this annoying problem, because it's a real mess all this internet interruptions

You won't be happy, the firmware on this device is not the best one.
Update to latest FW
Check ISP router in NOT in Auto channel, configure one of these 1, 6 or 11.
Try it clóser to main ISP router, if same behavior, lay cable between main router and 901 as AP
Stock repeaters suck all brands all models
Learn about third party solutions
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1267

Replies: 2