computer doesn't see the adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-23 23:26:31
Region : Others

Model : TL-WN722N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have trouble with my wireless adapter.
It used to work fine for more than year, then suddenly computer is not seeing the adapter.
I have tried different USB ports, but to no avail. The adapter works fine on another computer
.I uninstalled the software, and upon plugging the adapter I don't even get 'found new hardware' message.
Options
2 Reply
Re:computer doesn't see the adapter
2015-02-24 16:47:05
I'm having this issue as well with my 722N that I just got 2 days ago. It worked fine for the first two days, and now my computer does not recognize it, right now I'm using a small D-link adapter which works fine in all of my USB slots, and worked fine for the week or so that I spent waiting for my 722N to come in the mail.

I had an 822N before this which began having this same issue, but I disregarded it as it just reaching it's death as it had become incredibly sketchy nearing the end of the four or so years that I had it(it would occasionally stop working, and I would have to spend 5 minutes unplugging and plugging it back in, in order to get it to work.)

One thing I noticed in both cases, is that when it stopped working, and I went to unplug it, the computer would BSOD the moment it got unplugged. My computer practically never BSODs normally.

any help would be appreciated
Options
Re:computer doesn't see the adapter
2015-03-05 19:59:23
I got this instruction from TPLink customer support:

There are maybe some block from your computer,please get into Windows safe mode,here is the instruction that you can follow.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=791

I went into safe mode and noticed in device manager that TPLink adapter was disabled. Rightclick and enable + reboot comp did the job.
Hope this helps!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2021

Replies: 2

Related Articles