Question about WMM and laptop factory reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-08 04:17:17
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have a question about the WMM function.

I understand that it is adviced to keep this function turned on, but because it makes our Ipad really slow ( common issue amongst older apple products I think ), we disabled the function. Everything seemed to work fine though, I was able to download files at 13+MB/s with my 120mbps connection.

However, after factory resetting my laptop, I noticed my speeds wouldn't go above 54 mbps. I did some googling and found out that disabling WMM apparently limits your speed to 54mbps, which is very weird to me since with WMM disabled I was always able to go above this.

I just enabled it to check, and my download speeds almost tripled instantly. Then when disabling it, my downloads became slow again. The thing is, I have to keep WMM disabled because otherwise our Ipad becomes barely usable, taking 20+ seconds to load pages which otherwise take 1 second.

Is there anything I can do to get the most out of my router, or any reason why it used to work perfectly and not anymore? I assume factory resetting my laptop had something to do with my speeds becoming slower ( even though I have the same drivers ), because I changed nothing about the router itself.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about WMM and laptop factory reset
2015-03-09 16:12:38
Update iOS of your iPad.
Change channel width to 40MHz and ensure the network is secured with WPA2-PSK, AES.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 1

Related Articles