TL-ANT2409A How To transmit from one antenna to the next

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-17 00:26:58
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-ANT2409A

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I purchased 2 x TL-ANT2409A antennas.

I have 2 routers each in a separate building about 40m apart, and I want to transmit the wifi signal from one to the other. Does this antenna have this capability and how is it acheived? I am unclear as to how one of the antennas can transmit the signal and the other antenna can receive it.

According to the official website it can be achieved (See image below). Is it down to router settings or is it just plug and play?

I checked the documentation and found no mention of it.

I want to connect like so:

RouterOne -> TL-ANT2409A -> TL-ANT2409A -> RouterTwo

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-ANT2409A How To transmit from one antenna to the next
2015-05-31 03:24:10
So I set one router to client mode and the other router to repeater mode?

What do I set to 701?
Options
2015-05-31 04:07:06
Is there any guide on how to set it up like in the picture above? I cant find any. And there is nothing in the user guide
Options
Data Card Antenna for GSM Mobile
2015-07-09 16:21:34

davidom2513 wrote

Region : Ireland

Model : TL-ANT2409A

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I purchased 2 x TL-ANT2409A antennas.

I have 2 routers each in a separate building about 40m apart, and I want to transmit the wifi signal from one to the other. Does this antenna have this capability and how is it acheived? I am unclear as to how one of the antennas can transmit the signal and the other antenna can receive it.

According to the official website it can be achieved (See image below). Is it down to router settings or is it just plug and play?

I checked the documentation and found no mention of it.

I want to connect like so:

RouterOne -> TL-ANT2409A -> TL-ANT2409A -> RouterTwo

[*]

It has only one USB port, so you can only have one 3G/4G card connected at a time. Some other models will connect 2 or 3 devices at a time, and can load-share between them. (However, those other devices all have some other limitation that disqualified them for me - like no WiFi as WAN, or requiring 2 or 3 external antennas, or not supporting external antennas at all.) For more visit
..........................................................................................................................................
[URL=http://feyeshoppy.com/data-card-antenna] DATA CARD ANTENNA [/url]
Options
2015-07-25 20:43:58

fotodamaris wrote

It will never work 24/7 and you will have to Babysit that link ever
You bought first and came to the forum after, work with it

Hi Fotodamaris,
Does it happen mostly on all TP-Link products? Or it also happens on other brands?
I also bought first and then seek everywhere on the net. I find out that my 7210N and MR3420 are not 100% DD-WRT compatible.
Lucky that Both AP works very well, including the TP-Link grid antenna. Well, as long as I can have good internet connection, I can disregard all other nice features that it miss (auto reboot, nice bandwidth graphic, panel with better look, etc). Somehow I think that less feature also means less burden for the APs to work
Options