Archer C7 Advanced Security Settings and uTorrent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-17 05:44:18
Region : Others

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 141110 Rel.44276n

ISP : Bulsatcom Ad

Hello,

I don't know if this is already discussed but when the following settings are enabled:

DoS Protection:
Enable ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering
Enable UDP-FLOOD Filtering
Enable TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering

while downloading torrents the network connection disappear and when I untick the settings the connection is back again. I tried a lot of things including Port Forwarding and none of them proved useful.
Is there any workaround for the issue?

I am using the latest firmware and my router is Version 2.0

However the latest firmware fixed another issue for me - Samsung Galaxy S5 was unable to see the SSID of the 5Ghz network but now all is ok.

Thank you!

Regards,
Georgi
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Advanced Security Settings and uTorrent
2015-03-17 10:31:35
Try to disable Hardware NAT(or called Nat boost)
Options
2015-03-17 15:50:01
I tried and rebooted the router and it didn't help. :(
Thank you for the reply anyway.
Options
2015-03-18 01:49:16
network connection disappear

Are you talking about wireless connection or network connection general?
Options
2015-03-18 04:37:44
Hello,

I usually keep my wifi turned off when I am not using it so the problem is with my main internet access unfortunately.

Regards,
Georgi
Options
A solution
2015-03-18 18:45:57
Yes there is an answer to why the network link stops when you have DoS Protection enabled.

The local IP address using the torrent has hit one of the flood limits as set on the DoS page.

To prove this, in the System Tools menu look at the Statistics page and you will find that the local IP address has at least one value in the one of the 3 columns "ICMP Tx UDP Tx SYN Tx" that exceeds the value set on the Advanced Security page.

You will need to increase the value or values in Advanced Security for the appropriate type to be greater than that reported on the Statistics page. If the value is not increased enough, you may have to repeat this exercise in the future.

Also on the Advanced Security page click on the button marked "Blocked DoS Host List" and remove the local IP address that has been blocked.
Options
2015-03-19 03:27:01
Hi,

Thank you for the reply. To be honest I thought the same thing but I didn't realize that I should check the "Blocked DoS Host List" list.
However by increasing the values of Enable ICMP-FLOOD Attack Filtering, Enable UDP-FLOOD Filtering and Enable TCP-SYN-FLOOD Attack Filtering this will compromise the idea behind the settings.
I hoped to find more elegant solution without messing with the values like "Virtual Servers" or something else.
I better turn them off when I don't need 'em and put them back after that or probably I should leave them unchecked forever?
I can find a lot of people complaining with the same issue.

http://serverfault.com/questions/459744/any-reason-not-to-enable-dos-defense-in-my-router

Regards,
Georgi
Options
2015-03-20 16:53:34
Hi Georgi

I found a thread in Netgear's forum where someone said
common for Router to block it because it sees numerous IP are hitting the router and consider attacks.

You can try to uncheck "Enable SPI Firewall" in the basic security menu.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=47426
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2186

Replies: 7

Related Articles