Archer T2U Constantly disconnects from USB under high load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-18 04:36:17
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDN3200

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Archer T2U_V1_150108

ISP :

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues with the Archer T2U under windows 8.1. I have this Wireless Adapter paired with an Archer D7 and all ticks along nicely until I try to stream anything (high Load).

Within 10 minutes or so the Adapter simply disconnects from USB and reconnects, I then need to reboot the system to get all DNLA services running again.

I have tried the latest drivers from the TP-Link site along with the latest ones from Mediatek (chipset), all have the same issue?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Constantly disconnects from USB under high load
2015-03-18 14:43:24
Try to disable UPnP on web interface of D7.
Other wireless clients have no disconnection issue even under high load?
Options
2015-03-18 18:41:36
Yeah, no other clients seem to suffer from this problem.

After posting this last night I noticed that there was a similar thread regarding a different TP-Link Wireless Adapter that was doing the same thing. The suggestion was to plug the Adapter into a USB 3.0 port as opposed to a USB 2.0, apparently something to do with power consumption. I tried doing that last night and so far it hasn't dropped out once. Strange because it's a desktop I'm using and would have thought that power issues would be more prominent to a laptop?

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?3253-High-traffic-causes-USB-disconnect/page3

Anyway if it continues to work I won't complain ;)
Options
2015-03-19 15:12:27
I read that thread but I didn't realized that it would work in your case.
So far so good?
Options
2017-03-11 07:03:54
The problem is that when the techs ask you to uncheck the box under power Management that that' the system turn off the device to save power the setting is also on the USB port hub as well. You have to disable that setting under Power Management on the USB device setting as well. See when the system sees the power spike it cuts the power to the USB when it can't cut the power to the Adapter. USB 3.1 work cause they are made for higher power output.
Options
2020-06-24 15:50:41

@mcdona922 

I want to add something. After plugging it into the USB 3.0 and after the windows update, my computer started to freeze. I still haven't found a solution as to why the connection breaks off after high load and especially while uploading files to YouTube. This is a major issue and TP link has done nothing to solve it. 

AFAIK I didn't face any issues while downloading it's just the uploading the connection cuts off and the adapter needs a restart. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3955

Replies: 5

Related Articles