TP-Link C9 and Samsung Printer via WPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link C9 and Samsung Printer via WPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Same here!
2015-12-05 03:03:42
Exact same problem here. My printer is Mx288 series, actually xpress M2885FW laser mono multifunction.
Printer was working before with the hitron modem from Rogers, bought the archer c9 on black Friday, and got no connection.
Siggnal from WiFi can be seen from the printer menu. Password is entered and no connection.By wps, no connection. Got in contact with Samsung. Waste of time, they know less tha the manual.

SUMMARIZING WHAT I TRIED AND IT DID NOT WORK:
-Turn off 5g
- Bring printer side by side to router
-Change 2.4g channels to 1, 6, 11
-Change to 20 mhz, 40 mhz and auto.
-Install by USB cable, direct connect.
-Change WiFi WPS to pbc/pin. Nothing.
-Turn off all firewalls, including windows
-Turn off the internet connection.
-Update router firmware. Update Pinter firmware as well.

The only options I did not try:
Activate guest network, but I noticed it is not showing up, so I will give a factory reset on the modem.
Change bgn standards, but I cant as other equipments rely on 802.1b yet. I could try N just as a test
-Turn off upnp (does not make sense, but I can try).

Note: I can connect to the printer by ad hoc, can connect to the router by cable and USB. THE ONLY THING THAT DOES BOT WORK IS THE PRINTER TO ROUTER WIRELESS CONNECTION.
Options
Re:TP-Link C9 and Samsung Printer via WPS
2015-12-06 10:00:29
Found a FIX.
The only way is to connect to the guest WiFi. Go figure...

Details here:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?84331-Archer-c9-vs-Samsung-printers-no-connection!
Options
Samsung M2885FW Printer and TP-LINK Archer C9 Wi-Fi Router Connecting on Wireless Guest Network
2015-12-14 21:03:12
Hi Guys,

Over the weekend I could manage to get the Samsung M2885FW Printer connected to TP-LINK Archer C9 Wi-Fi Router on Guest network based on the default settings as in the C9 manual.

I have the same question as Tikwa raised before i.e. what is the difference between the authentication on the regular network and that of the guest one?

Regards,
Istvan
Options
2017-05-06 06:48:33
I found a solution for a different manufacturer's router in another thread that worked for me. The WiFi Direct needs to be turned off. This can be done if you have a front panel or through a USB with the Samsung Easy Print Manager under "Device Settings -> Advanced -> Network". Power cycle after changing. The wireless connection can then be setup using the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup app.
Options
2017-09-12 04:35:27

DanEE wrote

I found a solution for a different manufacturer's router in another thread that worked for me. The WiFi Direct needs to be turned off. This can be done if you have a front panel or through a USB with the Samsung Easy Print Manager under "Device Settings -> Advanced -> Network". Power cycle after changing. The wireless connection can then be setup using the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup app.

I confirm that this solution works great. In addition I had to change the protection version and encryption to auto values in the router wifi configuration because I couldn't connect to the printer from my computer.
Now my printer works great. Thank You DanEE.
Options
2021-02-06 23:51:29

DanEE This is the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!! Solutioned in the Router TpLink AX1500 between printer Samsung M2070W

Options
Related Articles