A means of refreshing dlna folders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-25 08:25:44
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 141110 Rel.44276n

ISP :

I posted earlier (hasn't shown up yet as it's my first post) that I was having issues with dlna. Upgraded to latest firmware and it works now. Although I liked how you could create multiple accounts and separate what's ftp and what's not in the older firmware but I digress... What I am complaining about is they also removed the option of how frequent the dlna folders are refreshed (defaulted to 2 hrs in previous firmware) and the refresh now button has been removed.

I mention this because I changed some directory names and moved a couple of videos and all of them became inaccessible via my dlna clients. Since there is now no means of refreshing the dlna, I tried rebooting the router, removing the share and re-adding it, disabling/re-enabling it (by it's checkbox), editing it's properties and turning 'Media Sharing' off exiting, re-entering and turning it on again. None worked.

I went out for an hour and came back thinking it might have refreshed by now but it didn't (maybe it's still 2 hrs but now a hidden feature). Not wanting to wait another hour and see I enabled 'Sharing All' instead of 'Sharing Floders' (yes it's spelled floders) and this gave me access to the files.db file that's in the hidden directory. Deleted that, re-enabled everything and it's good.

So please add back the refresh button, and the user being able to set the frequency of the refresh was nice too. It's great fixing bugs but why remove features? Lots was removed (as I noted in the beginning) from the prior firmware.
Options
2 Reply
Re:A means of refreshing dlna folders
2015-03-25 15:12:29
As I know, when you restart the router and plug the USB driver to another USB port, it will re-scan. You may give a try.
Obviously, it is not quite convenient but not sure if they will add the refresh button or not in future. If I know something more, I will update it here. :)
Options
Re:A means of refreshing dlna folders
2015-03-25 23:48:18
Thanks for the suggestion but I'd rather do my method of deleting the db file and forcing it vs plugging and unplugging. the ports are pretty tight and would rather not put wear and tear on them. Yeah they are usb ports and are made for that but it's harddrive that I intend to mainly just leave plugged in 24/7.

And I said it works when you add new files, and it seems to for the most part, but I just added a file but it's not showing yet. Did my delete .db trick and lo and behold it's there.

It just irks me because they did have a refresh button previously. Why remove functionality?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1273

Replies: 2

Related Articles