Connecting with iphone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting with iphone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting with iphone
Connecting with iphone
2015-03-31 09:41:19
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP : sky

Hi, I have a WA701ND that I bought so I could access the internet with my iphone 3g since I'm out of reach of the wireless range of my home's router. I've setting it up in access mode, and while I seem to be able to connect to the router with my phone, I can't connect to the internet with it. When I'm in range of my home router my phone works fine. The other problem is that when the tp link is on and plugged into my computer I seem to be unable to connect to the internet in some ways a lot of the time but still able to connect in other ways, like it's interfering with my wired network somehow.

Can somebody help me with either of these things?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Connecting with iphone
2015-03-31 14:56:11
I've setting it up in access mode,
Is it in access point mode or repeater mode indeed?
How did you set it up?
Try to find the correct instruction here and check your configuration.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WA701ND_V2.html
Options
2015-03-31 16:26:41
It's definitely in access point mode, I set it up on the AP's page via a browser (192.168.0.254) doing the quick set up.
I selected:
Access Point mode
Wireless Security Mode: Most Secure(WPA/WPA2-PSK)
DHCP Server Disabled
IP Address: 192.168.0.254
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Change the login account: No
That seems to be how the manual says to do it.
Just having it on and connected to my pc with an ethernet cable is causing me to be unable to connect to the internet in most ways however.
Options
2015-04-02 14:27:18
In access point mode, you have to connect WA701ND and main router by a network cable. To access internet by WA701ND, you can only use wireless connection as there is only on Ethernet port on WA701ND.
So I'm confused what you are trying to do. How can you connect PC with an ethernet cable to WA701ND and access internet?
Options
2015-04-04 08:45:28
I thought I'd be able to route internet through my pc I guess I need to do something different.
Options
2015-04-14 14:40:17
internet ----------- main router-------------TL-WA701ND_AP_mode ))))))

That is the normal installation
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 5

Related Articles