The port of the remote web management is conflicting with of the virtual server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-01 11:41:30
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WR842ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 9.1

ISP :

I'm trying to set up my port forwarding to access my web server. I have changed the remote management port. Still the same error. I tried the firmware update listed for this router. Still the same error. I would like to use this router to allow throughput to my server but the only port that won't forward is to my web site. How do I get port 80 to forward?
Options
5 Reply
Re:The port of the remote web management is conflicting with of the virtual server
2015-04-01 14:22:24
After change the Web Management Port, did you reboot the router first before you open port 80 for the server?
Can you provide some screenshots to show what you've done on router page?
Options
Re:The port of the remote web management is conflicting with of the virtual server
2015-04-02 06:26:44
I did reboot. Then I tried the firmware upgrade. Same problem even after upgrading and a reboot. Its simple port forwarding to open up the ports for my server. All of the ports that I did open are working fine. Its just port 80 and it doesn't seem to recognize that I changed and saved the changes to the remote access port. This is the first router that I have ever run across this problem. So,,, I checked and this router is compatible with dd wrt software. I've used dd wrt on Linksys routers with good luck. This isn't a high end router so I wont be out much if I brick it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply
Options
2015-04-02 17:41:42
After upgrade, reset it to factory defaults and try again.
If the problem continues, report it here.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-04-03 00:30:21
Firstly, do you have public IP address on WAN port? Secondly please change web management port of your router in Remote Management tab.
Options
2020-10-23 05:39:00 - last edited 2020-10-23 05:40:44

@jimasek  how to change the conflicting port, thats the real question?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 17321

Replies: 5

Related Articles