TL-WA850RE - I simply cannot configure it!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-04 03:41:31
Region : Brazil

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : No clue...

ISP : Doesn't matter

Hello,

I bought this thing to try to have a better signal in one of the bedrooms.
I got the box, unpacked...
I have RTFM and then plugged the damn device into the power...
SSID TP-LINK_Extender_95A0D4 found...

Surprise! _NO_ HTTP connectivity to the configuration page...
Tried the RJ45 cable, same thing... No HTTP connectivity.

After I ran nmap to the IP address assigned to the device (192.168.0.254), the only TCP port was 49152...

No HTTP access at all...

Should I put this _hit in the trash can?

Do you know how to sort this out?

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE - I simply cannot configure it!
2015-04-09 02:35:27
I am having the exact same issue I cannot connect to my tplinkextender.net or tplinkrepeater.net or even the 192 string that should connect to it.
Options
Re:TL-WA850RE - I simply cannot configure it!
2015-04-09 09:05:51
Place the range extender close to your router. Power it on.
Press the reset hole (about 8 seconds) using a pin to reset this device.
Wait for the device to reset and reboot. About 2 minutes. Don't press the RE button during this period.
Connect your computer and the range extender through a cable. Here your computer should be using DHCP. Also disconnect any wifi connections on your computer.
Open a browser and type in 192.168.0.254. If you can open the management page, configure it using Quick Setup Wizard.
After configuration, the RE button should blink for 0.5~2 minutes and then become solid on, which means the range extender is successfully connected to your router. The signal bars shows the signal strength between the router and the range extender.
Now wait for the computer to renew its IP address from the main router (1 minute at most). Then check the internet.
If everything is ok, move the range extender to another location. No need to configure it again. But one more thing you must take care is that the range extender cannot be too far away from the main router, the signal bars should be 3 bars at least.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 801

Replies: 2

Related Articles