Runtime error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Runtime error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Runtime error
Runtime error
2015-04-14 19:33:20
Region : Others

Model : MA260

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Vodacom

Good day

I have this MA260 wireless dongle and I am going to stomp on it.
I have connected it to 3 different Notebooks (All Dell, different units),x2 Win8 64 bit and x1 Win8.1 64 bit. The notebook sees it and installs it without a hassle.
However, once sim card is in, isp network is detected and I connect, I get a Runtime error and the client software crashes.

On the end user NB, a brand new Dell Inspiron 15, band new software install, after I got the error; Windows updates, Ativirus scans, Runtime reinstalls,a CMD trick and lastly a factory reset.
Once the unit was factory reset, theonly thing I installed was this dongle and its software and wait for it. Not working.

Could someone enlighten me as to a solution as I need to get this thing up and running.

Thanks

Gideon
Options
2 Reply
Re:Runtime error
2015-04-15 16:25:32
Gideon, have you tried Windows 7? Windows 8 and 8.1 are not supported by MA260.
On their website, System Requirements are Windows 7/Vista/XP (32/64bits). http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-5090_MA260.html#specifications
Although it runs, it may not be able to work properly like the problem you encountered. :(
Options
Thank you
2015-04-17 18:42:28
Thank you M Diamond, this seems to have been the issue. All other systems which I have rolled out is Win7.
I have informed our purchasing manager and the issue is now resolved.

Many thanks for your help.

Gideon
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 2

Related Articles