Backup changed my password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-20 01:48:20
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V9

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi,

Recently i update my router to last firmware version (v9) and when i load my backup config.bin router change it's password. Default not working. So is there any else default password and login except admin? and when i have config file can i find there what password it used ?

Thanks for answer.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Backup changed my password
2015-04-20 16:04:15
I don't think so...admin is the only default username and password.
Do you remember the version of previous firmware? You didn't change the login username and password before upgrade, right?
Can you reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it step by step?
Options
2015-04-26 17:15:50

M Diamond wrote

I don't think so...admin is the only default username and password.
Do you remember the version of previous firmware? You didn't change the login username and password before upgrade, right?
Can you reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it step by step?

I had default V9 version and i really dont remember it. No im using default pass for quite long time :) Probably can but if i reset the router it will reset even version of firmware ?
Options
2015-04-27 16:20:15
It won't reset the version of firmware but reset configuration.
It means that you have to reconfigure it.
Options
2015-05-11 02:50:17
after i reset to default none of my laptops or desktop are able to connect via WAN. since i need it to connect to my modem its pretty useless now.
Options
2015-05-11 14:51:32
As I said, after reset, you have to reconfigure the router to work with the modem.
Can you login the router page now? The modem shoulde be connected to WAN port and PCs should be connected to LAN ports or Wi-Fi.
Follow the guide below to do troubleshooting.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-833.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1069

Replies: 5

Related Articles