TL-WN8200ND SoftAP with no secuurity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-01 21:38:45
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I want to be able to extend the range of a Parrot Bebop quadcopter using the TL-WN8200ND.

The Bebop, itself, acts as an access point with no security and is controlled by a Parrot smartphone app that expects the access point to have no security.

Unfortunately the only security type offered by SoftAP is WPA2-PSK using an encryption type of AES.

How can I switch the Security type to 'None' ?

Thank you for your help,

D Conran
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WN8200ND SoftAP with no secuurity
2015-05-04 17:13:28
What's the operating system of your PC? Did you install the utility? It seems that Security Type and Encyption Type can be modified...
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-767.html
Options
2015-05-05 17:39:18
Hi, Thank you for your reply.

1. The Windows operating system I'm using is Windows 7.

2. I did download the utility and it is therein that lies the problem. When you select the SoftAP option you are offered a number of dropdown lists including ones for Security Type and Encryption Type. The trouble is that for each of those there is only one item in the list, being WPA2-PSK and AES respectively, ie, there is no opportunity to select 'None'.

3. However, as it turns out, for my requirement this is now academic as I've found a better solution for what I'm trying to do.

Once again, thank you for your help,

Doug Conran
Options
2018-12-30 00:07:15
TL-WN8200ND
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 3