Unable to connect to internet via BT Home Hub 4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-04 16:41:22
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA854RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.8 Build 140401 Rel.60896n

ISP : BT

Hi,

I hope someone can help me please. I have successfully connected the WA854RE to my BTHomeHub4 but I then cannot connect to the internet from my Windows PC or laptop. I can open Google with Safari on my iPhone & iPad but when I try to open a webpage I get the following message: "Safari cannot open the web page because too many redirects occurred".

When I unplug the WA854RE and connect all my devices directly to the BTHomeHub4 I can connect to the internet without any problems.

It would appear to be a compatibility problem between the WA854RE and the BTHomeHub4.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so what is the fix?

Thank you
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to internet via BT Home Hub 4
2015-05-05 15:59:33
Upgrade the latest firmware(TL-WA854RE(EU)_V1_140827) for your WA854RE. Reset and reconfigure it.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WA854RE_V1.html#Firmware
Options
2015-05-06 03:08:22
Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I have now upgraded to the latest firmware but unfortunately I am still having the same problems. I have looked on the BT forum and this does seem to be a common problem with the BTHomeHub 4. I have followed various suggestions I found on that forum regarding using a static IP address, disabling DHCP etc but I am still not able to connect to the internet via the WA854RE. According to the BT forum the BTHomeHub3 seems to work OK but not the BTHomeHub4. At the moment the RE is back in the box and not being used. :-(
Options
2015-05-06 13:48:59
As I know, WA850RE has a similar problem with BT Homehub 4 but it has been fixed. You may try solution B in the guide as below to turn off the smart setup function on BT Home Hub 4.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-551.html
Options
2015-05-08 21:01:24
Thank you for your continued assistance. I have followed the instructions & turned off the smart set up function on the BTHomeHub 4 and I am now able to connect to the internet via the RE. But I found that I could only download and not upload (tested internet connection via OOKLA speedtest app on my iphone and the upload test failed). I turned off the DHCP function in the RE Network settings and that has resolved the upload issue. So at long last the RE is fully functional and doing what it should. Thanks again for your assistance.
Options
Question
2015-06-27 21:54:48

Riley wrote

Thank you for your continued assistance. I have followed the instructions & turned off the smart set up function on the BTHomeHub 4 and I am now able to connect to the internet via the RE. But I found that I could only download and not upload (tested internet connection via OOKLA speedtest app on my iphone and the upload test failed). I turned off the DHCP function in the RE Network settings and that has resolved the upload issue. So at long last the RE is fully functional and doing what it should. Thanks again for your assistance.

Hi There…I am running into the same issue…after disabling the Smartset up, did you have to set up the RE again, or did your device connect correctly immediately ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 718

Replies: 5