Cannot login to the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-19 18:02:53
Region : Poland

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 150302

ISP : UPC

Hello!

I see it's a pretty common issue, but I will give it a shot. I updated my router to the newest firmware (did a backup before), as I presumed it reseted my config. So I used a backup to restore my config and now I cannot login to the router manage page. I understand that on tplink has on the website that this firmware is not compatible with older backup files, I submitted a ticket and they told me the same, but for christ sake: I have 2 networks, 3 pages of mac addresses, virtual servers and port forwarding. It will take me hours to reconfing this manually. Is there any other option how I can save my config, be able to login and have the latest software? It's getting ridiculous.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot login to the router
2015-05-21 08:20:25
I tried before but unfortunately there is any other way. If you don't want to spend the time to re-configure it, you'd better downgrade and keep using the older firmware.
Options
2015-05-23 21:13:46
Thanks for the answer, I'm having a hard time to downgrade firmware now, how am I supposed to do it? When I try to revert it using older firmware it throws error, that the version is incorrect.
Options
2015-05-23 23:17:18
Sometimes downgrade is impossible, when firmware changed something in bootloader.
Options