Slow Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow Internet
Slow Internet
2015-05-27 20:26:49
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I
nstalled this range extender. It shows up In my smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) wi-fi config as very strong but the access to the net is very slow at best and often comes up with page not obtainable.

I have tried restarting the phone, forgetting the network and re-entering the router password, and I have downloaded and installed what looks like the most recent software. This did solve one potential problem. The Type showed as failed before but now shows as IP.

Can anyone help?

David Q
Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow Internet
2015-05-29 16:13:27
Any other wireless clients have the same problem as your phone when they are connected to the range extender?
If the range extender is disconnected from the network, the phone works OK?
What's the internet speed given by your ISP?
Options
Thanks - Think it's solved
2015-06-04 18:20:24
[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Sorry for tardy reply. Been away for a couple of days.

I actually in stalled the extender in my sister's house. since she couldn't get internet on her laptop in the bedroom 30 metres from the router.

Did a speed test on her BB which said 24 mbits/sec.

Actually since I wrote access on both my phone and her laptop have improved a lot. Not as good as near the router and not as good as the "very strong" showing for the wifi signal but workable. Perhaps the extender does some training.

So thanks again but think we are OK now.

David
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 2

Related Articles