Cannot "Get GMT", error 5028

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot "Get GMT", error 5028

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Timeout too short for satellite
2016-12-30 02:56:41
TP-Link - if you're listening. 500ms is too short for the many thousands of your customers (like me) who are stuck with Satellite Internet service. Could you consider extending the timeout to 1 second or longer, or making it configurable within ranges that would work for those of us who don't have fiber to the home?

Thanks,

Dale
Options
NTP Timeout
2016-12-30 23:03:47

dalepres wrote

TP-Link - if you're listening. 500ms is too short for the many thousands of your customers (like me) who are stuck with Satellite Internet service. Could you consider extending the timeout to 1 second or longer, or making it configurable within ranges that would work for those of us who don't have fiber to the home?

Thanks,

Dale

I too had the same issue. Filed a ticket with tech support and got a patched firmware for my TL-WR1043NDV2 . Was playing with Open-Wrt and had a HD failure, and guess where the patched firmware went. Open-Wrt works fine and gives the benefit of IP V6 support. Using Open-Wrt 15.01 for over 6 months. NTP no problem now.
Options
US Fix
2018-01-02 03:40:40

Randall wrote

I too had the same issue. Filed a ticket with tech support and got a patched firmware for my TL-WR1043NDV2 . Was playing with Open-Wrt and had a HD failure, and guess where the patched firmware went. Open-Wrt works fine and gives the benefit of IP V6 support. Using Open-Wrt 15.01 for over 6 months. NTP no problem now.
A lot of searching around gave me a sorta solution. Talked to the US tech support people. The US version of the firmware does not have the timeout problem with NTP. The US version is compatible with the Canadian model. Flashed mine with the US version and now no problems.
Options
Re:Cannot "Get GMT", error 5028
2018-01-12 09:55:35
I have no airplane here and I can not check it. Có lẽ nó là một lỗi trong phần cứng.
Options
Re:Cannot "Get GMT", error 5028
2018-02-13 04:51:25
In case anyone cares and is still looking at this thread, I started having connectivity issues with this router, so I installed DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 std (12/15/16). This has seemed to fix the connectivity problems :) As a bonus, all my devices now get the correct time even though the latency has not changed :D

Highly recommend this version.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1057927
Options