Slow and problematic 5Ghz for Archer T2U V1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-11 22:34:24
Region : Singapore

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,

I realized that my computer's internet becomes really slow whenever I connect to the 5Ghz using the TP-Link Archer T2U (Wireless AC). It is also really unstable and takes very long to connect to the 5Ghz frequency on my computer.

At first I thought it was the router, but upon testing the 5Ghz on my phone and tablet, the speeds were very fast, smooth and stable on such devices.

I'm pretty sure it's not a distance or interference problem because I tested my phone and tablet from the same location in front of my computer.

I've also tried digging and playing around the settings of both the router and the adapter (both of which don't have many settings to tweak in the first place), but still nothing. Perhaps computer settings?

I can connect to the 2.4Ghz and use it smoothly (though the speed is limited as you guys know it) but if I can't use the 5Ghz it kinda defeats the purpose of buying a dual-band adapter.

Please help!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow and problematic 5Ghz for Archer T2U V1
2015-06-12 16:49:59
What's the operating system?
Did you check the link speed connecting to 5GHz Wi-Fi? Is it normal? Provide a screenshot here.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1453

Replies: 1

Related Articles